Monday 7 April 2008

Young People Drinking - Prayer For Them Needed

The postings to date, including this one, are copies of emails that I've been using to update church family who have been providing prayer support.

"Sorry to trouble you again. I literally finished my email (sent to you a few minutes ago) and found one in my in-box, please see the extract below. It's from the gentleman that HCPS employs to clear up litter/flytip etc...

"Went over to Woodham Common East to clear beer bottles, spirit bottles as requested. When I arrived about 12 o/clock there were three girls over there who could not have been no more than 16 years old drinking reef (a vodka based alcho pop). I just asked them why they were not in school and they told me that they had 'home study' whatever that is. From what I could see they only thing they were studying was how many bottles it took to become drunk. I did not want to be confrontational so I just left it. Although they did say that it was an older group that were congregating there in the evenings. I did point out to them that this was the third time in as many weeks that I have been clearing up glass, tins, used condoms and it was just unacceptable and that Horsell Common had a no alcohol policy. Someone locally must be selling alcohol to under aged children. I know that this is an on going problem."

I think this nicely encapsulates the problem. The most obvious prayer that I missed off of the earlier request list, is for the kids themselves. Please will you pray with all your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment