Monday 7 April 2008

I'm Confused!

Following last night and not meeting any youths drinking on the common or those who has lost items there, I felt that it would be right to return what had been found, so I visited the houses of the two lads concerned. I have to say they were really pleasant and helpful.

The USB drive belongs to a lad of 19 who admits to having gone to the site 'once or twice' only. He nevertheless knows that the place gets used by big groups but usually after dark. I've given him my mobile number and asked that he calls me if he sees a group like that again. I also said I'd be walking around there on occasion after dark. I'm hoping therefore, not to find a big group with him in it - unless he's called me, of course.

For the second lad - who is 20, I put a note through his door saying I'd found the wallet. Again, he called me and couldn't have been more polite if he'd tried. His story, which I've no reason to disbelieve, was that he had been drinking in the skateboard park by Boundary Road and dropped his wallet. This was found by some older men, in their thirties. He told them to take the wallet and money rather than have any problem. Interestingly, he also said that he'd been to the area of common where the wallet was found. He'd seen South Africans pitching tents there, a Korean (apparently lived there for months) and others. He knew too that we were in the process of clearing the area ready to make it good for people to walk their dogs.

To be honest, I'm now really confused. I believed we were dealing with underage drinkers - which is supported by the fact that the chap who clears up has actually found young girls - 16 or so - at the site during the day. The girls have said that they meet 'older guys' there in the evening. But are these the 19 and 20-year olds or the men in their thirties?

I'm conscious too that you may be getting fed-up with these emails so I'll start writing a blog instead. For the unitiated this is just a web page that's a little like a diary - or we(b log). You'll be able to dip in, and out, whenever, if ever you want to. I'll look into how to do this and then send the link.

God Bless and please pray for guidance. I believe that God has started something, but as yet I don't actually know what - maybe it's not just the common but the streets, including those in Knaphill, that we should be covering. Please, if anyone has a Word then share it with me. I'm ready, willing and, with the help of the Holy Spirit, able. I know that George is too.

Love in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment